Website Layout

thevictorchen

I am trying to make a website, but am not good at design at all. I started by finding a pre-made template that I liked. However, once I started adding my own content to the page, I couldn't figure out the best combination of layout and colors that attract a user.

Does anyone have any website recommendations that could show a bit on how to choose colors and optimally lay out text for a homepage?

Thanks!

thevictorchen

For my color theory for websites a use 2 sources: Kuler which is an included plug-in with PS4 and higher or I use color designer http://colorschemedesigner.com/# which has the ability to load color palettes into Photoshop or I screen grab it and make a jpeg color palette out of it.

That's a good one too. Any tips on making it more customized? I'm not sure what the best way to manipulate the "Adjust Scheme" and the Saturation/Brightness and Contrast?

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
The best way is simply to look, adjust, look, adjust, look,adjust, until you like the colour set.
Its not rocket science!
Try to visualise how you would want to utilise the colour set. Header, footer, nav,hover, background, etc etc.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
How can you “customise“ a colour set more than having 16.7million colours at your disposal, the ability to change the contrast, or the saturation. The options are limitless.
Although that site is good, id still recommend kuler (and u dont need a licence, its free, online...)