Website for a size of Monitor

Taras90

How do I make a webpage so it would be for the size of the monitor that the user is using. Like forums have that, try to make the forum window smaller and the forum will become smaller.

PS. The website is in HTML. And i think to do what i want is in PHP.

Thanks all.

BWD

use CSS

actauly the easiest way to do it is to use layers
tables are old hat using css as the entie site will not only help you get 100 height and width without margins but it will help you develope better as a web site designer
have a look at my site http://www.barryswebdesign.co.uk

the oly place i used a table was to make my form in order
all the rest is CSS and layers

I havent used the 100% width atribute but if i were to change from 750 px to 100% it would all sread evenly over the page

get into CSS youll NEVER look at atble again
unless you just need to make a quick fix site ;)

StephanieCordray

i'll get into css fully when it's 100% compatible with all browsers without having to code a separate css file for some of them.

gateshosting

Tables

Tables are the best in my opinion. I don't use absolute positioning at all unless it is 100% needed.

As far as table width:
<table width='100%' height='100%' cellpadding='10'>
<tr>
<td align='center'>Yada</td></tr></table>

This will center Yada in the middle of the screen. Drop the 100% height if you want elements to start at the top.

As far as margins:
<body marginheight='0' marginwidth='0' leftmargin='0' topmargin='0'>

You can also add rightmargin='0' and bottommargin='0' if you see wierd things happening there.

Good luck,

Michael C. Gates
Send Large Files with GatesHosting.com

BWD

gateshosting said:
As far as margins:
<body marginheight='0' marginwidth='0' leftmargin='0' topmargin='0'>

this isnt valid XHTML or HTML
if you use this you cannot validate your pages as these tags are not full cross browser compatable
to get a validated page and to remove margins you should add the

body {}

to your style sheet and work it from there

Thats why you should always use CSS and a style sheet
you can basically add margins to the css and it is compatable on every browser
as far as tables goes
there old

good for some stuff like making forms look good but you can make a for more professional looking site using css and it is easyer to adjust every page at one time ..unlike with tables

have a look at my site and press the silktide button in the right column .. you will see how to design a fully validated, accessable and fully cross browser compatable site that complies with all the rules and regs for design and accessability laws
and it is simple too do also