website feedback

Manganix

Hi

could you please advise:

I don't think I get a lot visits on my website.
What do you think is wrong? I received lots of positive feedback on the design and content, but still I don't see that reflecting on the number of visits?

What should I do to get more visits?
When I visit some other sites (with similar but much less content), its like they get more visits?

How to attract more? How to improve? Thanks for your feedback! ;-)

http://gamanga.com/

Manganix

Compared to what?

_ don't see (many) new posts on comment sections
_ google analytics reports only 1270 unique visitors and the site is online since July-August 2012
_ google analytics realtime reports 0 active users on the site every time I check

Advertise

right

How do you know?

_more things going on on the website,...posts, replies, ...

Edge

Social media sharing buttons might help a little. The content seems a little light - big images plus snippet of info. News is just pulled from www.gameinformer.com so viewers might just as well go there. I don't think content wise there is enough to pull in a bigger audience. The site isn't responsive too and it's slow to download some of those huge images so probably not a brilliant experience for mobile and tablet users. Negative comments, I know but you could turn them into positives.

chrishirst

Staff member
_ don't see (many) new posts on comment sections
_ google analytics reports only 1270 unique visitors and the site is online since July-August 2012
_ google analytics realtime reports 0 active users on the site every time I check
Does anyone know that the website actually exists?

I'll assume that means "I have no idea what you mean by "Advertise"

_more things going on on the website,...posts, replies, ...

That doesn't happen by magic (or search engines)

Posting a few link dropping reviews here and there doesn't qualify as "promotion".

comma-it

page looks pretty good.. but problem is, that there are a lot of similar web pages.. so ask yourself: how can I make my page better than others ?

reverseengineer

page looks pretty good.. but problem is, that there are a lot of similar web pages.. so ask yourself: how can I make my page better than others ?

I agree with comma-it. Not only what he says: How much effort will you put into this project to be successful? You want it to be successful, right? Design is just the start and it looks like you have a really good concept. Think about features now that NO ONE has. :)

reverseengineer

BTW, I know it will take some time to get around to it. Think in terms of helping people, first, not in terms of how much popularity your site could get. It will all come around if you do.

IvanAdamov

Ask in the SEO section. But come on... make a facebook page, promote it. Twitter account... Of you add a lot of content tweet it...

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Man, is my face red now!!! I'll correct it asap, thanks for noticing! ;)
Is that all you gained from this thread? I believe the overwhelming response was more to do with social media sharing/ making your site visible to the world. even going to your youtube site there is not one mention or reference to your website.
you want it to be successful then people need to first know it exists!

Manganix

Is that all you gained from this thread?

Why would you think that?

_ I already created a twitter account "GAMANGAWORLD"
_ I'm not familiar with facebook, but I'll look into it also
_ I'll refer to the website on the youtube channel as well
_ I'll refer also on the website to these social pages ...

This is a good start I guess, isn't it?

Thanks all for the feedback, much appreciated! ;)

Manganix

the overwhelming response was more to do with social media sharing/ making your site visible to the world

tweets with every new content will help me make the website more visible???
Got followers already ... so I guess this will help???

Thanks for the feedback on social media everyone! ;)

to chrishirst
your reaction was also to advertise and inform people that the website exists. Had to start with something .. what did you expect? A media campaign on tv and radio?

chrishirst

Staff member
A media campaign on tv and radio?
Why not? If that is where your target audience is, that's where you should advertise.

tweets with every new content will help me make the website more visible???
Got followers already ... so I guess this will help???
Only if the "followers" are real and are actually interested in what you offer.

TheLIWebGuy

I like the overall design .. I think the page with all the homepage could use a bit more design and little less jQuery animation..

god starting point tho