Website Design

Hello guys,

it's been one year since i made my first website, and still, the design still sucks. It's not that i don't know Photoshop or Illustrator, because i know them both but i just can't arange everything good enought to make it look as a proffessional website, for example, this is my website:

http://davidevitelaru.com/index.php

Looking at it, you can see that it is really un-proffessional. It just doesn't look like a website, more like a presentation or something like that.

What i ask for are some tips on how i can make my site look proffesional, i can do the graphics myself (i am good at hand-drawing but i suck in photoshop, i simply have no talent), but the page layout that i hate the most.

Some CSS code would help me a lot too thank you!

LouTheDesigner

The reason why it looks like a presentation is that you seem to be presenting yourself more than your creations (your software and tutorials). Although a nice logo would be good, the design isn't so much the problem; it's the content. People won't really care about you; just the products that you have to offer.

One of the things that will always make a site look unprofessional is grammar and spelling mistakes. In your "About Me" section, 'taught' is spelled 'thaught' and there is a lowercase 'i'.

Also, your navigation menu seems very tight and constricted. The human eye needs space to move around visual objects, like those navigation buttons. I would space them out a bit more.

-Lou

craftygeek

You haven't really done any page layout - all the content flows from the top of the page to the bottom.

Breaking the text up into columns, or putting an image alongside a block of text would help a lot.

As mentioned above, some kind of logo would help....you're lacking a styled theme throughout the site - the text isn't really styled, its just text. Get a logo, choose colours & adjust the text (mainly headings) to fit with it stylistically.

Remove the personal website text in the header...replace it with something more meaningful.

Thats a start :D