website design suggestions

niwde

hey guys,

i'm a beginner in website design, but want to put together a website anyways ;)
I already have a design
http://www.arworks.nl/totalhippanton361c.jpg

It's kust an image, but it's a start.
I'm planning on making the buttons at the right side turn green when the mouse hovers over them (hence the first button as an example), and the image at the right has to blen into an other, which has different 'squares' shown.

I can't help it but the design still looks pretty amateuristic,
do you have any tips for me to give this website a more professional look?

Thanks in advance!

Niwde

Designned

Is this your fisrt webdesign try? Not bad!

First of all i think the edges are not realy smooth, and the line above the first button is not straight. I think that will make it look kind of amateuristic.

maybe you could do somting with the background? not to much, becouse the layout itself is pretty busy. And maybe the space for the content is a bit small?

I dont know. It looks good, but some how it is missing someting.

emilyl

There are lots of spaces in this page. Where you want to place the buttons. It is green and I siggest yo choose any other color when mouse hovers your buttons.

LouTheDesigner

There are lots of spaces in this page. Where you want to place the buttons. It is green and I siggest yo choose any other color when mouse hovers your buttons.

That suggestion was really interesting. I am MUCH more of a developer than a designer (no sense of artistic talent -- I just use trial and error). But my question was, is there a psychological reason regarding why a green mouse hover state is visually not so good? Do the visitors eyes tend to react "badly" or cause disinterest to something like this?

Thanks in advance,

-Lou

faithhevans

To design a website is not a easy task here the suggestions are quite helpful.Vector graphics formats are complementary to raster graphics, which is the representation of images as an array of pixels, as it is typically used for the representation of photographic images also Flash in the website makes website more appealing and it would improve effectiveness of your website.

Hello friend, i think the design is kind of like busy. All the same you could convert the artwork into a background.

All the best!

Hello friend, i think the site is kind of like busy, All the same i think as a beginner, you dont need to rush into too many things. Although, you could as well use the artwork as a background. And maybe, do away with those botton for now and just use those of the macromedia flash.

Thanks,
goldenwaters