Webshop Help

RoboticPro

Soon I have a customer who wants a web shop build by me.
But he has 2 requests

1. It has to be Google friendly
2. Google has to detect every single article

So I was wondering because i'm going to put the articles in a MySQL
database how can I let Google detect them?

And second do you have any tips to make my site Google friendly?

Thanks,
Brian

ram4nd

Seems like you are a real beginner, so i suggest you to use CMS. I f you want to build from scratch use php framework, maybe codeigniter. That lets you to do google friendy urls. Takes time to learn, so i suggest CMS for you.

saviola

Seems like you are a real beginner, so i suggest you to use CMS. I f you want to build from scratch use php framework, maybe codeigniter. That lets you to do google friendy urls. Takes time to learn, so i suggest CMS for you.

I'm a completely agree with you, there are many suitable CMSs for this task like osCommerce and Joomla ...

cillosis

tothepoint

I believe you have little experience in building dynamic database driven sites. And to have a fully working online shop website with a list of products with shopping cart and option for people to buy stuff of the website... You would need to work a loooooooooot to build such a website.

You are looking to set up the basics

1. Administration area to allow to client to add products, set up price, images, description and all this to be able to be edited, activated, deactivated, and delted.

2.Then you have to build the code to handle administration users, user groups, management adding, editing, deleting, activating deactivating...

3. You should also have a clients section - Sign up, user area, billing, shipping address, orders section and so on....

4. You really need to build a stable code in order to have your clients website visitors input their credit cards, paypal etc.. hackers are constantly lurking for such sites...

In other words, i recommend you start with either osCommerce, or better Magento or some other. The above mentioned software, will allow you to focus on your clients design needs rather then programming and functionality development. And it will save you a couple of years developing the website..

Last edited: