Webpage start-getting no where

big strib

Hello my name is Blake and I am having alot of problems getting my webpage setup. I would like to create a site with some tutorials as well as a store page where people can buy items. I know how to set the store page up. My problems are with designing my webpage. I have tried making my website from scratch using photoshop. But this is hard because Im not sure if the site will look good in all browsers. My second approach was to use wordpress. I uploaded my content on to my server and when I wanted to change the theme there would be errors.

My goal is to have a custom wordpress theme but I dont want it to look like a blogging site. I would only use the wordpress functions for the questions link I will have on the page.

If anyone could help me setup my page properly. I create things with photoshop and nothing looks good to me. I am planning on having alot of links as well on my page. I have tried to create a template in dreamweaver and somthing always goes wrong with it. So if anyone has any ideas of what I can do or could help me that would be great thanks.

Programs I have and uusing
Photoshop
Dreamweaver
Macromedia Flash

Denno

download yourself some free web templates and see how they're coded/designed. Do this for wordpress templates, CSS templates and html templates. It seems what you're asking here is for someone to do the work for you, and then provide you with the code, or step you through each line. You won't get that sort of help from a forum, unless someone is feeling very generous and bored..

Mythic Tech

What Denno said is prob your best bet that is alot of information to put into a forum with no back and forth communication. Your best bet is to look at template structure or hire someone to do it for you

notarypublic

Just curious, but what sort of tutorials/products are you selling?

I don't think you'll have much luck asking for people to 'help' you with your design - If you do something wrong and have questions about it, someone might be willing to help you work through your errors, but it's hard to get a response if you can't meet someone halfway :)

If your interested in selling a product, and this is a business, you really should consider your website as an investment - the more money you are willing to spend on it (a.k.a. have someone design it for you, if you don't think you'll have much luck with it yourself), the more likely you'll see an increase in customers, yes?

Just something to consider.

ionapostol

Hi man,
I don.t understand why you people complicate your life with wordpress or photoshop or any complicated software for making websites when is muuuuch easy to do that with a wysiwyg software like WYSIWYG Web Builder 7.5.1. With that you can do all you want (with templates or not) you can design your site just the way you like it and best of all you don.t need html or programming skills to do that (also suports html,css.... programming if you want).
Is proven that wordpress give a lot of output errors (and don.t validate on W3C)
I don.t disagree with photoshop or other software like that but is time consumming, it takes too long to make something with it.
If you want nice and quick try above