Web Development

Hi guys..
What do u think abt recession.it could be affected in many industries.hope Web development is used to survive small concerns..

3dmagicaldesign

Well.... I guess it is taking effect on many industries.

The web development industry increases everydays at an unprecented rate, the web development costs are decreasing due to competition. I would advice my frieds to focus in more sales calls and less coding and programming.

So, start focusing on your SEO. I am doing it right now, for some time I had my SEO project in hold, now I am starting a new SEO strategy, I will be able to tell the results in about some months

dj_laugs

There was a small item on CNN the other day stating that print advertising is being hit hard. Web Marketing is relatively cheap and 85% of clients are online these days..

I think that this recession will be good for the web business for that reason.

aidanodr

Hi Guys,

Recently clients have began to ask - How much to buy up Web Design Software / Graphics apps and then How much to train all the staff in full blown web design. This so they can DIY for the future. Cut us out of the picture in the process, getting us to sell them the means to put ourselves out of business - that old phrase "Turkeys voting for Christmas".

And no we do not just depend on static sites - CMS, Blogs, Templating and all that also.

I joked at another forum that it is like firms getting their staff trained in Car maintenance so they can fix their own vans. Well the joke soured - it turns out this is happening also.

A Quote - "I'm involved with a business that sells garage equipment and we've noticed a huge increase in the number of small businesses buying stuff like car lifts, compressed air equipment, tyre changers, etc ... I'm talking to these businesses every week and some of them are training warehouse staff to do basic vehicle maintenance & servicing work."

Scarey, but something to consider as the recession deepens. I expect to be asked this type of thing more and more ..

Aidan