Web Development work from home?

darwin

Hi! Does anyone know about a reliable site where I can find gigs related to web development? The local studios and companies ask for too much and I feel every time I go there I just waste my time waiting for them to call me or whatever, I want to work, please help!

wachtn

Have you tryed handing out business cards and talking face to face with small business owners?

This is the 21st century and even the oldest of old school business owners understand the value of having a website. Their problem is that many of them do not have a clue how to get started nor the time to learn. They don't want to try explaining things they know nothing about to some one over the phone or in an email. They want to talk face to face with some body that is willing to work with them. This is where you come in.

Go all around town and find local shops, antique malls, galleries, anything that is not corporate. Tell them who you are and ask them if they have a website. If they dont ask them if they have ever considered getting one and make your case.
If they do, ask them if they manage it themselves or have a professional web designer that does it for them.

Remember, old school shop owners enjoy a more personal kind of business. They like dealing face to face, one on one, to make sure every body gets what they want and is happy with the deal.

lovely09

I manually look for these things.I always have time to search for events related to web designs.If i can't make it outside the net some forums i joined usually send me the information.

smoovo

If you live in the US:
Craigslist > State > Gigs > Computer > (search for ) "web"/"web design"/"php"/etc...

If not, go to freelancer.com, sign up, and search for projects to bid on.

- Enjoy. :)