Web design startup company asking review

keens

Hello guys.

I was wondering if anyone could give a comment / recommendation / critic on my current start up web page design.

I plan on re-designing this soon but your response now would be very valuable for our next design.

Thank you!

The link is http://www.doodlepress.com.ph

Last edited:

CaldwellYSR

I think it looks really good for the most part. I would change those buttons though. I don't understand the green, I think it would look better with a blue that matched the navigation. Maybe even have a blue gradient (from the blue at the very top to the other blue used on the page. Then on hover you reverse the gradient. I think that would look better than the green image you have right now.

Other than that I think it looks really good.

MasterTheWeb

I dont really like the fonts on the landingpage that you used, but that's just my personal "disslikement", rest looks good

keens

Thanks guys, these are small things that could lead to big ideas.

@CaldwellYSR Thanks! I understand your point of view in our buttons. I myself is not satisfied with it.

@MasterTheWeb Yes, I agree. You are one of the few who advised me to change the font style. Any suggestion of a good free font though?

I appreciate your advise @CaldwellYSR and @MasterTheWeb. Hopefully I could bring more life to our next design.

sufix

I think your sites design is cool. It is clear what you are doing and what you sell ;). It is compact and clear ;)

MasterTheWeb

Maybe try Open sans or Coolvetica or Helvetica (World), don't know if it these are the best fonts, but you can try it :)

helloworld

EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU SHOULD READ (at least the bold part) of THIS POST

very nice.. but since your slogan is "thorough, down to the last detail" you made me type all of this:

the content area tile could be cleaner. would be really easy to just recreate it with some good ol' uniform noise.

here's a tip for EVERYONE that has made dirty tiles like this
..if you can't just recreate it cleaner as stated above:
- take your dirty tile into photoshop (like his with the shadow visible in the grey part)
- open your 50x50 (or whatever) image
- [filter > offset] it so you can clearly see the line
- clean that piece up with the healing tools or content aware it away
- keep messing with the offset until the line is completely gone

i remember the day when i found out about the power of offset.. it was a good day

@keens.. your site is good enough for me to feel comfortable ripping it apart (for your benefit)..
- site is too wide.. remove unneeded side padding so it fits in smaller browsers w/o scrollbars! no reason this design can't fit in 1024 too
- your colorbox could use a loading animation as load time has been pretty slow for the first image.. and well the whole site too ;(
- slideshow should cycle a bit faster
- id change the green buttons to your darker yellow you used for the word "design" in your slideshow, green/yellow used for the word "thorough" or maybe the black as the rollover (which is missing), keep the white font
- add font color to the phone number in css if its wrapped in an <a> tag for iphone, etc. also the gallery opens really small for iphone and not centered
- change highlight font color to always white for the blue text too.. unreadable otherwise
- "hire us" button up top needs padding.. larger clickable area
- the extra message box resizer should be removed for chrome, ff, other browsers that have it already.. no need to 2
- LOVE the idea behind your top nav fade.. though implementation is off
what id really like to see is you animate the bg color and height of this bar rather than just fading it out and a replacement in. its easier than it sounds w/ the wonders of jquery! here's an example of something i did similar (hide button) ((not an invite for code stealing :p))
http://bergstrommotorcycles.com/photo-gallery.php

feel free to contact me if you want some advice/tutorials, and again.. wouldn't list all this if you were a lost cause.. just tryin to help you polish

cheers!

Last edited:

sampathneo

I would like to give you a small review; great work but website content font is hard to read me. Eg: slider content font. maybe issue in my eyes :)

jackrabbithanna

I'd move the three blocks below "how we can help" above the grid of your example work....can't judge your examples if they don't know what you do

bowenac

I really like the site, I also have been interested in a single page site scroll like this. I have seen this being used from time to time. Our you using javascript for this, is there a package somewhere or something? If anyone knows can you pm me.