Web design software

keymaker

Hey everyone! What's the best Web design software for putting together on a Mac a fairly complex graphics-heavy Web site to deliver legal services and educational content? At the moment I've got zero skill, no dough, a demo version of RapidWeaber and a prehistoric early version of GoLive Cyberstudio 3 going all the way back to when it was an independent company! :mad: Thanks,

km

suz

Maybe you could go with a self hosted wordpress site? That way you can just install it pick a suitable theme and you are ready to go.

cohen

i would suggest dreamweaver, very good, look at my website to see what i have done using it. And you can get it on mac as far as i know.

winker

I have used dreamweaver in web page designing but not that good. I am thinking to put flash objects on my page. How i wish i could master it.

natenation

I would recommend getting the Adobe Web Suite Professional. Something like that? CS3 version, it's what I roll with and I haven't had any complaints.

cohen

I would recommend getting the Adobe Web Suite Professional. Something like that? CS3 version, it's what I roll with and I haven't had any complaints.

Sounds good, i might reinstall my CS3 and have a look......

Last edited:

AE7

Guys, Dreamweaver takes the cake... I use TextWrangler every now and again but Dreamweaver has the stored code so I don't have to thumb through a pocket guide or a monotonous Google search.

NVu is okay but it fits in to the same category that I would put Frontpage in...

donnie

Dreamweaver....

Dreamweaver is the best i agree, i've used it alot...but if you don't have $400.00 then Nvu will work you just have to do alot by hand...:) much better than frontpage, that adds all kinds of junk to the code... who cares about frontpage extentions anyway. :)

AE7

Dreamweaver is the best i agree, i've used it alot...but if you don't have $400.00 then Nvu will work you just have to do alot by hand...:) much better than frontpage, that adds all kinds of junk to the code... who cares about frontpage extentions anyway. :)

No doubt it's great and it's open source. :D I wasn't trying to degrade it, it's just that it doesn't have some features and not as user-friendly like Dreamweaver is.

I think Microsoft did take a step in the right direction with the new Expression line... And one thing's for sure, it has to be way better than Frontpage :p
http://www.microsoft.com/expression/

donnie

i haven't tried that one yet...frontpage stinks, it's the worst!! if your a poor man you can use Nvu and just google for some online media code generators...copy and past into the page source and there you go just like a pro!
the guy has a mac, he obviously doesn't want to mess around with microsoft's monopoly on stuff that doesn't work right... sorry bill...hee hee :)

happy coding :)

cohen

much better than frontpage, that adds all kinds of junk to the code... who cares about frontpage extentions anyway. :)

i think microsoft got the idea that no one used it so they got rid of it, cause it is not part of their 2007 office suites. It was only in Office XP, i think :cool:

AE7

i think microsoft got the idea that no one used it so they got rid of it, cause it is not part of their 2007 office suites. It was only in Office XP, i think :cool:

2003 was the last version of Frontpage...