Web Design Course

DesignCat

Hi Guys,

I'm a Graphic Designer, who wants to do an online web design course, the thing is I dont really know where to start :confused: could someone let me know of a good course to do, or at least please indicate me in the right direction.

Than You

Design Cat

chibicitiberiu

Total Training (www.totaltraining.com) could help you. You only need to choose the application to work with. They have many trainings for various applications, pretty good trainings. You could try the free 7-day guest pass to see the first chapter from each training and that way you'll find out what about each training is.

starteasy

Don't bother, honestly. I have been looking around for my wife, so she can help me with my business. It is a complete waste of time and money in my opinion.

There are 3 stages for learning web design/development.

1. Learn how to use Photoshop from YouTube videos
2. Learn the styles, methods, layouts and ideas from 100's of other professional websites
3. Learn the programming, the boring side. How to use Dreamweaver and ImageReady (for slicing images) as well as HTML and CSS. My favourite resource is W3C for learning CSS and HTML codes/tags etc.

Save yourself over $800 (the cheapest one I found for a 3 hour course! JOKE!)

I can make you up a quick DVD tomorrow if you like. I sell to you for $750 lol. Seriously, weave your way around the net, and learn for free.

John

suz

I tend to agree with John, all the info is available for free already so unless you are certain a course has something more I would not pay.

wetgravy

John has it dead on. Unless you are going for something specific (say javascripting or php coding) everything can be found online for free. If you need to learn anything specific I suggest going to your local community college and taking a couple courses ... its like $200 for a semester and you learn everything you need to atleast get started.