Web Design Copyrights

Discussion in 'Web Hosting and Domain Names' started by tulsan87, Oct 24, 2011.

to remove all ads.
  1. tulsan87

tulsan87 New Member

I had a question regarding copyrights. I'm not sure if this is where I should post but feel free to point me in the right direction :-D. I've been trying to get info as to whether I need to copyright or trademark. I'm a web/graphic designer & I'll have a logo & I want to protect my rights to any websites and/or graphics I make. Does anyone know if I need both or what. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :) ~Q

2. mrhistorian

mrhistorian New Member

Trademark is not something that you need under this circumstances. If you dont register your logo,it will be everybody's logo as soon as you publish it :) (I am not an attorney and i just shared my thoughts)

3. Mediumcube

Mediumcube New Member

Trademark means much.

4. che09

che09 New Member

Most copyright owners on the web will not object to personal use of their web pages. For example, if you found a web page that you wanted to print, most developers would not find it a violation of their copyright if you were to print out the page.

5. jumpingspider

jumpingspider New Member

A trademark is important as it will be part of your business campaign! Although,having it copyrighted will be a different matter!