web design career

Alixoxo

Hi everyone... Just recently I came into the idea of making a career out of web design. I have always had interest in it, when I was younger my friends and I would make little webpages on geocities I ended up making 3 of them and really enjoyed it. However I know web design is much more difficult than just that but I guess if not making it a career, it could be a fun hobby... I am currently in college so I am thinking of taking a course in web design.

So I guess what I am asking is what do you think a great candidate would be to do web design? What do you think it takes? How do you even get started? Any advice or tips? I'd appreciate... Thanks in advance!

flipboy

my advice is to volunteer to do some websites for free or very little at first and try to get noticed. then go from there..

jgalty

If you have an option to take a course then i would do that. Also mentioned above i would do some actual sites for friends and family.

Bronzy

Its very good that you want to build your career in web design and you have created some of the webpages on geocities that means you have basic knowledge of web design. do some live project on web design if you can do, otherwise you can do any web design course to clear all the web design related concept. and join any company .
All the best.

TheokieZA

At first I started making sites for people I know for next to nothing ;), after a bit of experience you should invest in something like Dreamweaver CS4 and Fireworks CS4. after 5 months of doing this, I made a site that was recognized by Shell for one of their distributors. So it pays off in the end! It's a rewarding venture too!

designcrazy

Hello everyone,

I am newbie. Please include me in this healthy discussion. :)

Kind Regards

Website Design

Last edited:
Great Choice-BUT!

I 100% recommend that you become a web designer. In fact the time is good for this industry but you need to understand something; before you apply your skills as a web designer you must learn to be a sales person.

It all starts there, been able to sell your self. I have been doing this for a while, I had a job as a web developer for a real estate company and one day I got fired. Then I begun to look for freelance work and since that day which is now almost 3 years I have been working in the comfort of my home. But the one thing I did realize is that you can be mediocre web designer, actually you can suck at it; but you need to be the best sales person in the world. So study for web design but also hit a marketing course.

Pedro Montero

Hi everyone... Just recently I came into the idea of making a career out of web design. I have always had interest in it, when I was younger my friends and I would make little webpages on geocities I ended up making 3 of them and really enjoyed it. However I know web design is much more difficult than just that but I guess if not making it a career, it could be a fun hobby... I am currently in college so I am thinking of taking a course in web design.

So I guess what I am asking is what do you think a great candidate would be to do web design? What do you think it takes? How do you even get started? Any advice or tips? I'd appreciate... Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

webinno_sale

keep on...

go girl, keep movin whatever your heart desire do it with passion and dedications in there you will learn more from it.