We need Feedback

Haydee

Hello everyone, we created a free site, offering free services like photo editing, banners/logo designing etc. What do you think we can do more to make our site better? We really need your feedback coz wer planning to upgrade and pay for our own domain, thank you...Here's our site www.grandrat.webs.com

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
The graphics on your site are pretty cool. Therein, however, lies the site's greatest issue. It looks like a collection of pretty cool graphics.

I like the background. Woodgrain is difficult to work with for a background, but the dark grey looks pretty good. However, the content on top of it is equally dark, and really doesn't stand off from the background. Perhaps consider making the content area of the page a solid color?

Haydee

The graphics on your site are pretty cool. Therein, however, lies the site's greatest issue. It looks like a collection of pretty cool graphics.

I like the background. Woodgrain is difficult to work with for a background, but the dark grey looks pretty good. However, the content on top of it is equally dark, and really doesn't stand off from the background. Perhaps consider making the content area of the page a solid color?

Thank you for the reply Sir... What do u mean, the banner and the content background don’t compliment? We really appreciate your feedback… Once again, thank you...

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not so much the banner, though it wouldn't hurt to brighten it up a bit. It's the content area with the background behind it. The text isn't difficult to read, but it doesn't jump off the screen either. Try adding a colored background to the content area. And if you want to show the woodgrain, just set a slight transparency on the content area background.

Haydee

Not so much the banner, though it wouldn't hurt to brighten it up a bit. It's the content area with the background behind it. The text isn't difficult to read, but it doesn't jump off the screen either. Try adding a colored background to the content area. And if you want to show the woodgrain, just set a slight transparency on the content area background.

Ohhh ok... I get it... We will try it Sir... Thank you so much for your comment...

Mug

Firefox stopped a pop up. I am not sure if it is your site or the hosting company but that would piss me off as a visitor.