Want to design an website entirely with flash... where to start?

Arash

Hi guys. I want to start designing a website with flash. I have already experienced Adobe Dreamweaver, and microsoft office applications for creating websites but now I wanna step up and make it to the next level. I am also a very well experienced computer programmer (VB, C++, JAVA etc), and also have experience with Adobe Photoshop. I am generally good with computers. The only thing I am not experienced with is flash. Where would be a good place to start? Do you know of any good/famous flash-tutorial for creating webs? or some basic tricks to start with?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

socreative

i suggest you start with learning AS and Flash drawing capabilities in general

Designing decent site completely in flash take knowledge of actionscript plus you have to understand quite a few concepts that go into the idea of full flash site.. like dynamically loading parts of the website (movie clips, music, text content, etc...)

http://socreative.tv that's done in flash completely

Last edited:

LouTheDesigner

i suggest you start with learning AS and Flash drawing capabilities in general

Designing decent site completely in flash take knowledge of actionscript plus you have to understand quite a few concepts that go into the idea of full flash site.. like dynamically loading parts of the website (movie clips, music, text content, etc...)

http://socreative.tv that's done in flash completely

It's not nearly as complicated as you're making it seem.

You can build a Flash site by just creating Movie Clips for links, setting their buttonModes to true, adding event listeners to these clips, and then have related content appear and disappear depending on which button is clicked using the visible property.

So if I have a movie clip that I want to use as a link to the home page, and lets say the home page is simply another movie clip I put on the stage.

The code would be quite simple:

lets say the instance name of the link is "link" and the instance name of the home page's content is "home"

the AS3 would be:

link.buttonMode = true;
home.visible = false;

link..addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, go_home);

function go_home(e:MouseEvent)
{
home.visible = true;
}

Not all that difficult.