Video playing time

Scoody

I am setting up a website for a friend and I am a bit stuck on a couple of video files on there.

There is 5 video file and 2 of them wont play the full file, except if it’s downloaded. ‘Bend in the river’ should be 3:41 but only plays 1:04.’Ruffiant’ should be 0:29 but only plays 0:10.

If anyone can help me out, point me in the right direction I would be very grateful. The site is http://www.davidgrantartwork.co.uk/animation.html

Thank you very much

Scoody

Their MPEG files. I am using IE6. Not sure what you mean by "what code to embed".
I used DW8 to create the website.

Cheers

ISDProductions

I don't know if this is the problem, but instead of just linking to the mpeg url try to embed it on an actual page using this HTML:

<object id="MediaPlayer" classid="clsid:6BF52A52-394A-11D3-B153-00C04F79FAA6" type="application/x-oleobject" standby="Loading Microsoft Windows Media Player components..." height="100" width="100">

<param name="url" value="(EmptyReference!)" />

<param name="autostart" value="true" />

<param name="uimode" value="full" />

</object>

Scoody

Its the first time I have put video onto a website, and its only the second site i have done. I am a real novice and dont have any idea how to embed the files.
Would you be able to point me in the right direction please mate?

ISDProductions

ISDProductions said:
I don't know if this is the problem, but instead of just linking to the mpeg url try to embed it on an actual page using this HTML:

<object id="MediaPlayer" classid="clsid:6BF52A52-394A-11D3-B153-00C04F79FAA6" type="application/x-oleobject" standby="Loading Microsoft Windows Media Player components..." height="100" width="100">

<param name="url" value="(EmptyReference!)" />

<param name="autostart" value="true" />

<param name="uimode" value="full" />

</object>

Go into DW and go to the page you want to edit, then pop the above code into your html. You can erase value=" " if that is confusing you. just change the url to where the mpeg is uploaded to.

If that doesn't work, have you looked at the videos on your hardrive to make sure they are not corrupted? If the videos were sent to you by e-mail this could well be the case. Also i would try and upload them again after eraseing them from the server

Last edited:

Scoody

Does it matter that there are 5 video file playing on the same page??

If you down load the files (right click save as) the whole files play. So i suspect the files are not corrupt.

It dod used to work ok but stopped for no known reason.

Thanks for your help on this buddy.