using my unused/for sale domains for seo?

helloworld

Ok.. so I have a few domains that I'm currently not using, or are for sale.
Would it help SEO to make a site on them with all kinds of information about Portland, Oregon, and website designer info with a link back to Hello World Design?
Or if the content stays the same, but moves domains frequently.. will that hurt?

ps. the domains themselves are not necessarily related to web design..

Last edited:

DHDdirect

In theory, I would say it'd help but certainly stay away from having a carbon copy of the site you are trying to boost. I also think the booster site has to have a decent ranking in order to sway SEO any.

And of course, it would take years probably before you see any results.

disenoweb

I disagree too. It wont take years, but minimum some months.

And its hard work and you should think if you wont to give your time for that. For example you can do other projects for clients or can work on your own homepage..

But if you decide to make this you should take in note some serious things.

You shouldnt create "spamy domains" or content. Because google can have a problem with that.

If all the domains are registrated with your name you probably wasting your time, because google understands that this is your network. If not you should try to have them to on different webservers (different class-c IPs) and with different nameservers (not the same namesever/registrar for every domain).

This is probalby not so important if you make quality content. But qualitiy content cost more time. So if you just want to boost your own website try to avoid footsteps (like describes above).

You can try too to make some money with this sites. Post some good interesting content and try to become some visitors. When you have then around 100 visitors a day you can start to put advertisings like google adsense on this sites.

MarkR

As long as each isn't a replica of the last it'll help, but not by much.

These empty domains will have a low PR, but if they are there you might as well use them.

sitebuilder

I would use them in fact I have done the same thing. Just make a very basic simple site with a little content and some links. I wouldn't spend to much time on it because it really wont help all that much cause the PR will be low but id say yeah go for it.