Using iweb to build a site for a client???????

CandelierNeWb

I said yes to creating a website for a local photographer. He wants to give me 500 bucks and truthfully I know nothing about web development. Just put together a home page for him with his company name and pictures. So far it's 4 pages in length and looks ok I guess. questions.

1. I have not registered the domain and don't have hosting space yet. Is there any way I can show him what I've been working on without having to meet in person?

2. Is it possible to add in a contact form without code?

3. Is using iweb going to make me look like a rookie?

4. Once the site is published, what does the source code look like? will it say "iweb used"??

Thanks in advance, any feedback would be nice

candeliernewb

leroy30

1. Try searching for free web hosting you'll probably find some but it will put ads on your page.

2. No. About the closest you would find to this is a web design software aplication that adds the contact form for you. You wouldn't know how it is doing it but there would still be code.

3. Not sure I don't have experience with iWeb bout I doubt it. The final product will determine that ;)

4. Dunno

Is it for someone you know? Seems like a bit of a task if you've never had any hobby experience or anything to take on a paid web design job! Good on ya though!

DHDdirect

I can't seem to land a design for $500 these days let alone one just handed to me :)

Leroy has basically summed it up though. Good luck.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
One thing to watch out for with WYSIWYG is messy code. And if it does drop a comment in there that ties it back to iWeb, you can just delete it.

Other than that, leroy summed it up pretty well.