Using flash for animations

Hello friends, please i want to know how i can cause to different animations to change using flash. What i mean is, the first image will fade away then the second image fades in. What tool in flash cs4 does this? I know it includes frames. But besides frames, what other tool can do this?

DHDdirect

As ron has mentioned you can use other means to create the effect and with alot less effort.

Check out what notary is working on on THIS thread. I would assume this type of effect is what you are looking for.

stewcer

If you plan on using flash for your web site, there are trade-offs in doing so. On on one hand, it can make your site dynamic and solicit interaction from the user. It is also a creative way of presenting information that would look elegant and rich. And being advanced this way, can be a positive feedback from the visitor.

Though, much has not been said about using flash for web sites. The main point being, the inability to use seo techniques for flash content. That way, you cannot employ useful techniques to make your page rank higher. If that happens, then there would be less visitors who can appreciate your web page thus defeating the purpose of implementing flash in the first place.

jumpingspider

If you plan on using flash for your web site, there are trade-offs in doing so. On on one hand, it can make your site dynamic and solicit interaction from the user. It is also a creative way of presenting information that would look elegant and rich. And being advanced this way, can be a positive feedback from the visitor.

Though, much has not been said about using flash for web sites. The main point being, the inability to use seo techniques for flash content. That way, you cannot employ useful techniques to make your page rank higher. If that happens, then there would be less visitors who can appreciate your web page thus defeating the purpose of implementing flash in the first place.

Very well said! I got your point! Although using Flash would be an advantage as far the visitor is concern of course you also have to consider the SEO thing! ;)

krymson

What alot of people dont know about flash (and im not condoning it) is that if you REALLY know flash, like hard core exprt with actionscript and xml... you can create a stunning website and have it actually be very good on seo, granted not as good as a normal site using jQuery and stuff but better than some Joe Schmoe who hops on flash puts crap in a few frames and calls it a site. there are ways to import content from XML files have have your flash site very search engine friendly. Not the easiest way to go abut it but it can be done BUT for what you're wanting to to jQuery works just fine ;)

che09

Flash has many useful applications; from character animation to programming, it offers a dynamic platform for a multitude of uses.