Username and password login setup

Reco

Hi glad to be here.

I have a website that I designed for a customer a while back. He now needs the ability to have his customers sign into a portion of the website that would require usernames and passwords protection. As I have never had to set this type of login up before I am at a loss on where to start. I have been looking into this and have read articles on "htaccess" and also on services like mambo, joomla and drupal. The site is hosted on Homestead, the only possiblity in the site builder is to password "only" protect pages using the same password for all users. He says that each user must have a unique username and password. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

chrishirst

Staff member
Change hosting to one that will allow use of a CMS such as Joomla or Drupal.

Mambo is a dead project, the developers moved away from Mambo and created Joomla!

Edge

Or Wordpress - whether or not it's better or worse than Joomla and Drupal, it's more popular and has less of a learning curve. I'd use Joomla or Drupal for more complex projects.

jkemper

Hi, I would suggest simply coding a login using PHP&MySQL, your clients also probably looking to be able to add users and make changes so its possible you may want to use a CMS(Content Management System) like Wordpress, beyond just logging in and viewing a page, what kind of functions is your client looking for once the user is logged in? Do you know any PHP/MySQL?