User Managed Sites

deepdish

Hi
I have had several clients ask for the same thing and I have searched for the solution, but have not been able to come up with the answer.
Is it possible to create a website, or a few pages that a client can update on their own on the fly with little or no programming knowledge? An example would be a portfolio or calendar page where they can ad new stuff and archive the old stuff.
Is this possible and what does it involve?

Thanks,

DD:)

sheanhoxie

Yea what your looking for is a content management system. A good start would be searching on these:

Joomla
Drupal
Elgg
Wordpress(customizable blog)

Good luck!

4folds

I've found you can do this sort of thing in a few ways, but the best I've found is using iUpdateIt. It is a simplified CMS system that allows someone to update a "select" section of a website. Give it a try.

Another way to do this is to use a Blog and then "feed" it into a website using something like Feedburner or WidgetBox. This is more for "article" driven scenarios.

Both of the above will allow you to do what you want. I personally don't like the full blown CMS systems that others are recommending. They have their benefits though...