User logins, making posts, and sorting posts

mjrzasa

Hello again, I've just finished styling this page I want to do, and I've been told Wordpress should be able to do what I want, but I was just wondering if anyone has done something similar, and what you would recommend.
Here is the page(s):
www.thepboard.mjrwebdesign.net

What I want to do is:
1) make it possible for users to login
2) make it possible to post comments
3) have the posts appear below, AND sort into categories (sports) and have them appear on a separate page dedicated to each category (sport). Basically, posts with the tag "MLB" go on the "MLB" page, as well as the home page (and an archive page).

As I'm writing this, it seems it may be harder than I thought, but hopefully I can get some tips here, thanks guys.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
The problem people have you see when they try to reinvent the wheel is that, in the end, all they do is create a wheel anyway. Save yourself the pain, do as your friend suggested. Use wordpress. Its not hard.

mjrzasa

I just don't know how to do it with wordpress tho. I know how to make my page the home page, but no idea how to add the things I listed, to my page.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well the only way to know is to try, and learn. Trust me, its a lot easier than trying to do it from scratch!

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Come on guys, have you not heard of google?
“wordpress tutorials“ is probably a good start, but just try and be specific to what you want to learn. As one of the worlds most widely used cms' there is bound to be like 20million tuts for it....