Uploading your website

croninc

Hello, I just created a personal website in photoshop, and now I want to upload it a webhost. Can I just upload the html file I created in photoshop to the webhost or are there more steps?

CaldwellYSR

Yeah there are a lot most steps. First you should take that html file you created in photoshop and drag it to the thing called "Trash" or "Recycling Bin" if you're on Windows. Then you should empty the trash/recycling bin. Then you should write the html and css yourself so it won't be crap code. Then you're ready to upload it.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
technically your both right.

yes you can just do that.
but you should do what Matthew said.

:)

croninc

Yeah there are a lot more steps. First you should take that html file you created in photoshop and drag it to the thing called "Trash" or "Recycling Bin" if you're on Windows. Then you should empty the trash/recycling bin. Then you should write the html and css yourself so it won't be crap code. Then you're ready to upload it.

Thanks for the smart ass response. Also when you insult someone it helps to be grammatically correct!

Last edited:

MasterTheWeb

Thanks for the smart ass response. Also when you insult someone it helps to be grammatically correct!

He's right.. The converted PSD-HTML file really suck in every way you could possibly think of. You need to write the HTML files yourself...
Better know/learn HTML and definitely some CSS.

Check this video for some help: http://css-tricks.com/video-screencasts/100-lets-write-semantic-markup/

There are more tutorials for converting PSD to HTML/CSS, just google "PSD to HTML" or whatever..

Good luck.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is gonna be another fun one. I need to run down my "world's smallest violin" pic.

CaldwellYSR

I'm going to stoop to your level for couple seconds to mention the fact that your grammar was far from ideal here. "Also, when you insult someone, it helps to be grammatically correct!"

Now that the petty part of the conversation is over. I wasn't insulting you. I was insulting photoshop's ability to output standards compliant code. Think about what you're trying to do please. You're making an image and then expecting that image to look good as a website. What if the user's browser is bigger or smaller than the image you made? Don't you think it won't look right? You're hoping that the browser is the same width as the image you made, you're hoping that they aren't zoomed in or out, you're hoping the browser will even read the page correctly (IE probably won't), you're hoping so much and it's just not realistic. (Yes that's a run on sentence, ask me if I care).

At the end of the day you're much better off using that image as a visual representation of what you want to do and then writing the code required to make it happen.