Updating philnolan3d.com

scarlett

It looks fine to me. But I have a question, what does this signify?

Attachments

• review.jpg
    review.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 76

philnolan3d

Thank you. That is one of my 3D pieces. That one is not yet in the new gallery, but you can see the full image if you look at the 3D gallery on the current philnolan3d.com. I plan to change the image in that spot every so often.

Last edited:

globalseo

its a big no for me..your home page looks empty for me...home page should represents the whole thing about your site..

you should work on to your banner also..

freshstudios

I see what you are trying to de here but it is just difficult to read the navigation and I'm not sure where to look first.

I would suggest trying to add more contrast between the text and the blue background (maybe white on blue) and soften the background of the entire site with a pale blue tint.

Also if you are going to round the corners of the boxes make sure that your 3D image also follows this same design.

philnolan3d

Well I didn't want to mention this until hearing some untainted opinions first, but a few people have said they don't care for the color scheme (some in a rather unpleasant way). I've been using this design on my current site for about 5 years, so I've become quite fond of it. I also use the same design / colors on my business cards and demo reel DVD covers. But regretfully I started looking into other color schemes. Attached is one of them. I'm toying with ideas about that sample image. I'm thinking about a way to show a different image every time the page is loaded. Also considered putting a smll flash version of my demo reel there so that people can start watching immediatly upon entering the site, then if they like, they can click the Demo Reel link for a larger version and more details.

Attachments

• color_scheme_test_01.jpg
    color_scheme_test_01.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

philnolan3d

Here's a better view of what that new color scheme would look like. I'm not totally sure about it.

Attachments

• color_scheme_test_02.jpg
    color_scheme_test_02.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 61

philnolan3d

Here's another option. I'm rather fond of this one, but I'm not sure which color I like best for any content that would go on the page. I think the upper right one of the three is too bright.

Attachments

• color_scheme_test_03.jpg
    color_scheme_test_03.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 50

3dmagicaldesign

I have to say that I just love it. it is very nice, I say it from the view point of another 3D website, Please check my portfolio here:

http://www.3dmagicaldesigns.com/portfolio.html

We will be uploading it next week ( too busy at the moment), you will notice how we have improved our quality, there is also a 3D virtual tour there, it was our first one and the client didn't allow us to make improvements on the exteriors, right now we are developing two more and they will look better. Please let me know your thoughts.

Warm Regards

philnolan3d

I have to say that I just love it. it is very nice, I say it from the view point of another 3D website, Please check my portfolio here:

http://www.3dmagicaldesigns.com/portfolio.html

We will be uploading it next week ( too busy at the moment), you will notice how we have improved our quality, there is also a 3D virtual tour there, it was our first one and the client didn't allow us to make improvements on the exteriors, right now we are developing two more and they will look better. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you, As for your site I like the layout but having the large animation reload every time you click a link is kind of annoying. Nice CG work too.

3dmagicaldesign

I agree, the fact is that we didn't want to make modifications until we change our hosting, now it has been changed but we are very focused on different 3D Architectural Projects. Where is your company located?