Unified Look-and-Feel on Enterprise Websites

Lechlak

Not too shabby!

Simple, clean, straight to the point.

I would remove uncategorized from the navigation, but it's because I am a WordPress guy myself.

I would enable smart URLS in Settings > Permalinks > Custom > %postname%

erik777

Thank you for your input. I really do appreciate input on how to improve the site.

Yet, realizing this isn't a perfect place, I'm requesting a peer review of the blog titled "Unified Look-and-Feel on Enterprise Websites". Unfortunately, I cannot claim credit for the design of this blog site, except that you like the theme I chose. :)

The blog is about a common look-and-feel, which is a topic dear to web designers. So, naturally, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this blog.

The context is customer facing enterprise sites with customer self-service (e.g., order entry/status, claims entry/status), so it primes the discussion on a common website look-and-feel in a complex topology.

Can you please peer review it before I link to it in corporate circles? What positives in the blog do you value? How I can improve it? Did I leave anything important out?

The target audience are business people in corporate departments such as marketing, communications, sales and customer service, as well as people in IT who are not necessarily web designers or web developers.

I'm currently drafting a follow-up blog describing objectives and solutions to creating a centrally managed look-and-feel in a complex customer-facing site that includes seamlessly integrating content authoring by non-technical people as well as customer applications. The Unified Look-and-Feel on Enterprise Websites blog is a primer for this discussion. When I complete the second blog, I'll post it in another thread here for its own peer review.

Lechlak

I look forward to your next blog.

I love the theme - it brings a business feel to the IT world which can often be overlooked. The blog would be enhanced with a few more graphics.