TONS of pictures, need help!

Jonzer514

So I have the chance to build a website for a guy that deals with car pictures and videos. He has THOUSANDS of pictures and videos. I've been trying to do my research on it but am having troubles finding what I need.

The guy wants me to design a basic (but good looking) website that he can easily update once it's finished. One of the problems is that theres so many pictures and he will have more to add.

What I need... first there needs to be an easy way for him to upload pictures.

Second it would help if he could Tag them and add a Description and have them moved the right part of the website. For example, he uploads a Ford Mustang picture and it is moved to the Ford Mustang Page.

Also, with so many pictures to add, what would be the simplest way to make them display on ONE page, so that the gallery will move from say the first 12-20 thumbnails, to the next section of 12-20 thumnails?

The original design of the website has an individual page for every 12 or so pictures, which is very ineffiecent for places ADs (something that he's concerned about.)

Could someone PLEASE help me out so I dont wrack my brain so hard over this. There have to be an easier way to do this, I probably just don't know where to look.

I don't expect any of you to do my research for me, I'm just asking for links or something that might be able to tell me more or have some information on how to get this done.

Wynnefield

Looks like an awesome viewer. However, I would definitely contact the developer, as the Terms of Use seem to contradict themselves.

The first paragraph says "may be used for personal and/or commercial projects".

Yet, the next paragraph says "may not be redistributed".

This sounds a bit confusing, as I would interpret "redistributing" as a form of "licensing" which is what I do with the majority of my creative work. Whether licensed for a period of time, geographic region, form of media, etc., I would still consider any type of licensing as redistributing.

One other place I might recommend is the Adobe Dreamweaver Exchange service. The featured product at the moment is a e-commerce plugin with ColdFusion; however, there are a number of other options for image viewer plugins and/or extensions.

Naturally, I am making the assumption you are developing with Dreamweaver ... :cool: