The size of image and making it fit with my site

TheApprentice

Okey so after been figureing out what program to use and been taught some stuff about CSS backgrounds and such.

I now have a new question and hopefully I'm not spamming these forums in your eyes, I'm just eagier to learn this lot.

I have problems with my image background not fitting properly, I created my own background in photoshop, but once I put it into my file and opload it to my site, a wide margin appears to the right. Also if I scrool down the page it'll stop.

Is there a way to put the picture to fill % of my site, maybe 100% so the site is covered in my background picture and won't have any white margins.

My picture is not a repeat sort. It's a picture of some mountains and some animals etc.

Hope you can help.

Absolution

With bitmap type images I haven't had a problem, but with SVGs I have had that problem. Don't know how to fix it yet though. :(

Normally your background image will always render at its actual size. Maybe you could resize it in Photoshop to exactly fit in a container div for all your page content, and choose a compatible color for the rest of the page background. That said, there is a CSS3 property called "background-size" but it does not have wide browser support yet. You might search the web for "css background-size" and see what you find.

This page gives some alternate techniques to stretch a background image. But your image sounds like one that can't be stretched without distorting it.

Hope this is helpful to you. I learned something myself.