the quest for a domain name...

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i am in aw. pretty much every domain name i can think of is taken. even zkiller.com which i used to own btw. my preffered domain name, which i also used to own is still taken and merely a domain redirection page for some no name search engine. it's still worth almost 5k USD according to ian's domain name appraisal link. the domain name is ai-designs.com. aidesigns.com which again, i used to own is for sale on buydomains.com for 2700 USD, which is insane.

those last two used to be part of a very well recognized and respected brand name which i used to own and developed from ground up. i shut it all down when i moved to germany. wish i would have held on to the domain names. back then i used to own somewhere in the area of 15 or so domains, all of which were good .com names. i miss the days of the old internet when domains were still available.

i want to start a site to showcase my photography, art work, designs and so forth, so anything with designs, media or studios in the name would work, however it isn't a must. i am not big on key words. i prefer short catchy names. heck, the domain could be a made up word for all i care for, as long as it sticks it really wouldn't make a difference. however, everything i can come up with is already taken and i am finding it rather frustrating.

maybe i should just use my online junk domain for a site. cluelessbot.com. right now i really just use it as a personal file server for sharing pictures and other misc files.

anyways, just wanted to vent my frustration, sorry if i have wasted your time.

PS: nmpoc.com is worth over 6k USD without any SEO marketing or anything of the sort. just the domain in itself. not bad for a car club. :p

Last edited:

StephanieCordray

why do you think i was so frustrated myself in an earlier post? my best choices were 14 and 16 letters long, lol. Don't know how much help I'll be but I'll try to think of something.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
thanks stephanie. i am thinking about maybe using a .de domain. would be harder with an international audience than a .com, but i am thinking a good .de name might still be better than a shitty .com.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
that leapfish domain valuation tool, actually factors in link popularity etc, so the values it generates is far more than the actual value of the domain name alone. I would go the .com domain over the .de
Just keep trying, there are still good domains to be had.

StephanieCordray

I have to agree with ian on this one. I looked up some domains I know are rather popular sites with extensions like .uk, and .au and their values were very small.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
you guys are probably right, but i am just not feeling any of the available .com's i can find. i'll keep searching though, not folding just yet.

BioSpherical

I have found many domains I want to get are taken in the past. Sometimes I settle for .net's instead of .com's, although its not perfect :-(

kiko_friendly

I know the feeling. My site is burningviolet.com.

I would have loved something more...me. Oh well!

I love blissfulfish.com and it's unique, and a logo be easy to make, too. It's also catchy and memorable.

I might buy that, too.

I could think up MANY new .com names for you, but I don't know you, or what you'd like to any I think up wouldn't be appropriate (most likely)!

The sites that I affiliate with, and own are aimed at a specific audience, so I could think of a lot of domain names related to that type of thing.

Eh, message me (to my inbox here if it's possible), if you want to talk about this further, as I might forget to come back here.