text is not lined up when using li tag in Safari

sysgenmedia

Hi Henrik,

You should thank mdmd for making a bunch of worthless posts, it inspired me to provide something meaningful. :)

I'm not 100% sure this is the cause of your issue, but it seems that you don't have <ul> before your <li>s or </ul> afterwards. This isn't necessarily the cause of your issue, but given that it's incorrect syntax it's worth correcting either way and it may solve your problem.

Best,
Nathan

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah mdmd is gone...

Henrik, I checked you site in Safari on both PC and Mac platform but I dont see the text alignment problem you mentioned?

All I can say is make sure you have the opening/closing tags for the list like Nathan mentioned and double check you have the latest version of Safari.

(I also checked your site in Chrome and Opera and still no issues)

henrikjt

Thanks Nathan, i tried your suggestion and it works, however, it turns the square bullet point into a circle even when the list style type is set to square, i really dont want to lose the square, any idea why it does that.

Thanks for your help thus far.
Henrik

Hi Henrik,

You should thank mdmd for making a bunch of worthless posts, it inspired me to provide something meaningful. :)

I'm not 100% sure this is the cause of your issue, but it seems that you don't have <ul> before your <li>s or </ul> afterwards. This isn't necessarily the cause of your issue, but given that it's incorrect syntax it's worth correcting either way and it may solve your problem.

Best,
Nathan

sysgenmedia

Hi Henrik,

Excellent, happy that worked.

It looks like you've got

Code:
list-style-type:square;

on the div. When you add the <ul> tag back in, try putting it on that instead. I think that'll fix your problem.

Best,
Nathan

henrikjt

hi Nathan,
I dont think i understand what you mean, i am still a beginner in regards to css and html
Hi Henrik,

Excellent, happy that worked.

It looks like you've got

Code:

on the div. When you add the <ul> tag back in, try putting it on that instead. I think that'll fix your problem.

Best,
Nathan

sysgenmedia

Hi Henrik,

Right now, you've got:

Code:
#features2 {
float:right;
height:2125px;
line-height:25px;
padding:20px;
text-align:left;
width:460px;

}

in your css file, so you're applying the css styles of features2 to the div with id=features2.

I think what will fix your problem is instead to add something like:

Code:
#features2 ul{

}

So that list-style-type:square; is applied to ul tags within the features2 div. I don't think that list-style-type is something that can technically be applied to a div, though some browsers figure out your intent, while others (*cough* IE *cough*) aren't nearly that intelligent.

Does that make more sense?

Best,
Nathan