Terms and services agreement via fbook

Winterblues

Hey all! I was just curious if anyone knew how to make it so that if I add a login via f-book option they have to agree to the terms and services? I have it setup so that they have to check a box when they reg, but when I had the login w/ f-book option I couldn't figure out how to apply it. Thank you.

chrishirst

Staff member
Ok as you are not in control of that, the only thing to to is run a check on each URL request that that member has read and accepted the T&C before you show the content.

you could always script it to , once a user clicks on the log in with facebook option, pop up a window prompting them to read and accept the T&C. Once it is read and agreed, throw in a cookie so it doesn't pop up next time.

Not to be mean but ( hey it’s how I make my living), I can’t give you the full solution BUT, I’ll give it to you in pseudo code....

onclick //clicking the Facebook button
if (cookie == false) {
display popup
set cookie true
}

In a nutshell that would be the best way of doing it.

Winterblues

The problem I'm now having is once the caches are cleared it pops up again, and I'm not sure how to apply it to the facebook login plugin.

chrishirst

Staff member
Store the response in your database and reload it to the cookie or session when the user logs in.