Surfing Website

dub3media

Hi

I have just got back into webdesign after taking a break after 2 years.

This website is for a surfboard shaper, please ay pos and neg feedback would be good.

Its just the first page, I am wanting to do something with the middle pic, some sort of animation running over the image but havnt quiet decided yet what to do.

Please I am a bit rusty so any feedback would be good.

megaswf.com/view/7a2ae1fa9821a3fbd968cdb7d390ed1c.html

ahk2chan

Looks good. 2 comments: about the description (Home) font. The font doesn't go well with the page (need a more energetic font :) ) and more importantly... the font is too small (at least on my screen) and the color is too light such that I can't really read it unless I really really focus to them.

And also the boards will be much much better if you put patterns and colors on it (like real ones).

adx

First off, my eyes are in the negative zone so I shouldn't have any problems reading what's right in front of my face, but I still can't make out the font without getting really close. Secondly the page just seems like a picture of a page uploaded to some photoshack site. I was under the impression that when you posted the site for initial reviews a while back that the page would span the entire body. I take it this is just a temporary solution?

dub3media

thanks for all your advice

Have sorted the font issue, well hopefully.

Yeah I was thinking that as well for the boards but the client wants to keep it simple on the boards.

Just edited the site in terms of fonts, what do you think about the splatters on the board buttons and logo is it too much, the clients idea to change it.

megaswf.com/view/3a439d2b1ec78e91fff48c721366d758.html

ahk2chan

The splashes matches the site... is there other choice other than red though? maybe blue with some water drops? don't know...

I still think that adding patterns to the board buttons will be cooler :D