Super important!!!

KimmZ

I just got a site- I've got my ftp software and all that. I uploaded my homepage, and the only way I got it to show was because I knew it had to be named index.html. My question is: How do I get my other pages to show up online to where I can create link between them all????:confused:

conor

if its named index.html then it should allways appear when you type in your address. It would help if you gave me your url....

If the problem persists I reccomend contacting your hosting support.

voodish

Yes, the root of a directory will use an index or default file, using a multitude of flie extensions - such as *.html / *.htm / *.php / *.asp
There is a hierarchy of deployment, for example index.php will show before index.html, when both files are present at the root of a folder.

The rest of the files will show via direct access, or by hyper-linking...

fs_tigre

Well from your index page you will have to create links that will be pointing to the other pages in your site.

1- Create links About us , Contac us…
2- Create a pages for each of your links aboutus.html, contacus.html… etc
3- Upload all your pages

I hope it helps..

jnjc

There is a slim chance this may have something to do with the way your host is configured.

Try renaming you file to index.htm and see it that resolves the issue.

Failing that post a url and we can have a look...

sheanhoxie

yea I think that fs tigre was on point with this one.

Sounds like you are not linking to your other files?? On your index.html file, make sure your linking to your other pages and that your pages are uploaded to the same directory

Can you post with a link to your site or a more detailed question after youve heard these responses to better narrow down your problem?