Submitting Sites to Search Engines

LouTheDesigner

Hi everyone,

Does anyone here have a preferred method/site for submitting their sites to search engines? I see a number of sites that say they will submit to a number of different search engines, but I'm not sure which one would be the best.

Thanks in advance,

Louis

nix3ll

I wouldn't go for the "We submit it for you!" stuff. I prefer to do it manually, so I recommend you to do it. :rolleyes:

TFS | Search engine submissions links Here's a place I found recently that got most search engines listed, but don't trust them all! Some could be "unserious" and your site could get worse results from google, yahoo and those bigger search engines. But don't worry, the impression of the site often tells if it's serious or not.

Hope I'm to help :)

JP_John

Don't go for automated submission

SEO is something to be done manually so don't go for automated submissions.
Once you go for automated submissions there is a high risk of marking your posts as spam by google/yahoo/msn/any other major search engines.

You get some backlinks manually by splitting your campaign into five parts
Directory Submission
Forum Submission
Blog Submission
Social bookmarking and the last but very important is to exchange links with the other sites of your category.

If you do these things then you can see you sites PR increasing gradually.
also there is no way to get your site listed first in a search engine overnight.

octapulse

dosent the Meta data increase visibility on search engines? I think there are many ways to help your websites relevance increase on search engines. just google it and im sure you will find some good ways without having to pay some company to do it for you.

JP_John

dosent the Meta data increase visibility on search engines? I think there are many ways to help your websites relevance increase on search engines. just google it and im sure you will find some good ways without having to pay some company to do it for you.

Yes definitely. the META tags plays a very important role in optimizing your web site for search engines.META keywords and META description are very important for an SEO analyst.

Bronzy

I think content optimization play important role in SEO, The content of the website is very important for the search engine. The content should be relevent and include keyword with 5-20% density.

JP_John

yes you are 100% right bronzy. we should have more text based contents rather than having images and flash works.

serg

The best method is to submit manually. It is time consuming but more guarantee. I could cubmit to 30 directories per day