Stupid Question Time

QuietStrider

I know that this is probably a stupid question, so try not to eat me.

Quick background: I've searched the internet for something that would begin to explain what I need but nothing was close to what I need (if it's possible). I design "layouts" for SIM games. I use CSS/HTML. One game in particular is destroying my life. Its codes are pretty dominant, so a simple div isn't working. By working I mean, it refuses to say where it needs to be so it doesn't look retarded. I currently have it located by position absolute in a div. Also, please note that I learned CSS/HTML on my own. So I'm by no means a professional (therefore, treat me like I'm retarded so I can understand once and not have to keep asking you what you mean).

So here was my brilliant idea. I need a scrolling text box to be in the middle of an image (and stay there!). The text box is not taking up the whole image. I was hoping that I could call out IMAP coords and be able to locate it that way. Is there a code I can use for that, or is that even possible?

Thank you, and I really appreciate the help.

Try this

You might try putting your text box in a div with your image as a background image. You could position the text box and other elements inside the div with CSS relative positions.

QuietStrider

I actually tried that. It was not happy with that way of coding it haha

I did a little more reading into the position attributes and discovered that I might need to use a "container". I haven't recoded it yet, but we'll see if that works.