Student Organization Website

Pedrossi

I'm the webmaster for the investment society at my university, and I would like some feedback on a couple of websites I put up.

The first is for the whole organization: www.owlinvesting.com

The second is a forum that we are trying to drive more traffic to: www.collegiateinvesting.com

I want feedback mainly on the forum. Is it attractive enough? Does it make you want to stay and join? We have a lot of hits but not a lot of members so I'm looking for ways to improve the forum's look and functionality so that more people decide to participate.

Thanks!

JayT

The forum site: You're using PhpBB3 so there's little you can do to mess that up since you're using their theme template.

Your www.owlinvesting.com site however, needs some work. Four columns are way too busy? Personally, I think two columns are best.

Your heading takes up the top half of the screen. If this style carries over to all the other Web pages then that would wear on me. I'd be like, "OK, OK... I know who you are now. Give me a break."

tatsudoshi65

Your heading is too large; I would say making maybe half that size. I don't like how the main menu is in the center column. I'd like to see it on the far left side with a right-side-only border to seperate it from the rest of the content and making it more promanant. Also with a tad bit smaller font size. The menu doesn't have to be that big, same with the poll font. The Polls and Ad would look best underneath the main nav so it's consistant down the page and will eliminate having FOUR columns; that looks too busy. Then move the video to the right side and put the two remaining columns under that, spaced out about 15px.. give or take. The spacing you have now is just too close! It looks like the text from one column is running into the next. I'd remove the Featured Links section all together or at least make it the same width as the main content DIV and not uppercase/bold, make smaller.

Last edited: