Strokes Suck Any Tips?

mezangath

My first thought is that the content is widely spread which makes it harder to read since it's not a loong text.
Try to sort out the content more and use more visual elements to sort them out, it will make it easier to read and/or easier to find content you want to read.

The topics are hard to read and you might want to weight them and remove the italic. Making them alittle bigger wouldn't hurt either.

The bright red hover effect on the menu was extremely uneasy on the eyes.

sysgenmedia

Something you may consider is reducing the padding on the nav so that it takes up less of the screen real-estate. Changing the padding on the a.nav:link, a.nav:visited style from 1.2em padding to 0.5em padding puts it to a more "normal" size. You'll probably have to also adjust an a.nav:hover style similarly.

Also, I agree with mezangath, the hover color on the nav is a bit bright. Toning it down, maybe to something more like a maroon would be great. Maybe even something like #FF2222 instead of #FF0000.

Web1

Agree with Mez and Sys...also the logo with the bright red clashes with the color palette, I think you could change the red and it would still work as a 'stop' symbol. neat and functional though.