Spacing problem with website

nschmoyer

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble fixing a gap on my website. Thus far, my solution has been "margin-bottom: -20px" but this messes up on IE browsers.

The website in question is http://www.inspectioneering.com and the gap can be found directly beneath the blue navigation bar.

I don't think there is any code that should be creating the separation and I have scrubbed the code for hours with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Absolution

There are random whitespace issues associated with things in CSS.

You can try adding to the css

display: block;

And if you need it inline

display: inline-block;

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
You have an empty paragraph tag after the blue menu table element. Also, I highly suggest you rebuild the website structure without tables, or you will most likely run into further formatting anomalies down the road.

Absolution

You have an empty paragraph tag after the blue menu table element. Also, I highly suggest you rebuild the website structure without tables, or you will most likely run into further formatting anomalies down the road.

Thanks for taking the time to look at the code, im lazy haha!

Mug

Hi,

I would suggest not using tables as well.

Also you don't have to wrap the scripts and comments in paragraph tags.

All the best,

Tom

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Problem is, I can't find the empty paragraph element...

In the markup it appears right after the menu table element. Are you using any server side script fo rsay a master page or some sort of auto-gen content? That maybe inserting it?