Social media links and sources

sky

I would like to put some social media links in the website I am working on and I found some that I like, but I am wondering how to cite where I got them in the website (cite the sources)? They are free icons and all it says on the icon designers website is please link us back. Does this just mean provide a link back to their website? Where is it customary to put this link? They are simple icons and I want to keep the page the icons are on clean so I really don't want to put the link to their website right under the icons if it is avoidable (I do, however, want to give credit where it is due). Also, I went to several websites that use social media links and I couldn't find any links to the developers of the icons they used (although many of the icons were the same so I know the designers of the specific websites did not make their own links).

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
One suggestion (though we would be better able to help if we could see the page), put a small text-sized link at the very bottom of the footer. Something like "social icons courtesy of ..."