so simple its stupid...

ryz

hi,

i have great experience in search engine optimisation, but unfortunatly not much in web design and would like to offer a package for both. I know this is some real beginners web design stuff but answers would be very helpful as i own just about every book on dreamweaver mx2004 and yet there are some things books cant teach.
1. what size should I create my site to work best in a 1024 x 768?
2. i have imported images to my template from fireworks, but every time i import one they seem to create a white border that was never there initially but appears for no reason, thus making the image to big for the template, why does it doe this?
3.Where can I get Copyright free images without paying?
i would really appreciate it if you could take the time out to help out.
p.s i am using the design view in dreamweaver so please no code talk!!

StephanieCordray

i have great experience in search engine optimisation, but unfortunatly not much in web design and would like to offer a package for both. I know this is some real beginners web design stuff but answers would be very helpful as i own just about every book on dreamweaver mx2004 and yet there are some things books cant teach.

1. what size should I create my site to work best in a 1024 x 768?
Size the whole page at least 10-15 pixels smaller than 1024 as the scroll bar takes up some space.

2. i have imported images to my template from fireworks, but every time i import one they seem to create a white border that was never there initially but appears for no reason, thus making the image to big for the template, why does it doe this?
Most likely if you are exporting both images and html from fireworks there is a spacer.gif getting in the way of a flush fit. You can change this in your fireworks settings on export or you can delete the code for it in Dreamweaver after importing to that program... If I remember correctly there may be a setting in Dreamweaver that does the same thing so you maybe have to look at your preference settings there as well. I didn't exactly use code talk but you may have to do a little html code editing, sorry.

3.Where can I get Copyright free images without paying?

You can't without doing something illegal like copyright infringement. I'm not sure you understand what is meant by copyright free images. If someone holds a copyright on an image you'd like to use you will have to pay something to or do something for the person who holds that copyright in return for using it. There are a number of sites who do offer free images, http://www.webshots.com among others but they have a mix of both paid and free images. Be very careful if you plan on using copyrighted material on your site.

i would really appreciate it if you could take the time out to help out.
p.s i am using the design view in dreamweaver so please no code talk!!