Smallest issue is ruining my site (CSS + Image Size)

RangeRover

Hi all,

I am copying a site that a friend owns. Their site is https://yourkarma.com

I am basically using their code and layout but obviously different text and content for a different kind of website, but I love their Parallax scrolling and one of the owner's Stefan said I could use the code.

I'm having difficulty with ONE thing and it is basically making it impossible for me to use this layout.

On their home page - see in the top right corner, their logo in orange? All I want to do is replace that with another company's logo, but the CSS is throwing me off so much and I just can't seem to do it.

If I try and delete that image and just insert my own logo in Dreamweaver, the layout gets messed up and the logo ends up being on top and then the menu shifts down.

Or, if I try and edit the source file (which is only shown in the CSS) then the image I replace it with STAYS at the same TINY dimensions of that original logo.

Can anyone help me? All I want to do is put my logo there! The logo is a similar height but way longer in terms of width.

Here is the css file: https://d2zd51ski5qnr9.cloudfront.net/assets/application-067d3591ffc0a8a4155e910bef2b30fe.css

PLEASE HELP!!!! THANKS!

RangeRover

PS - As you can probably tell by my use of Dreamweaver, I am not that good wit CSS. Please respond as if you're talking to a child! Lol. Thank you!!

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
crawl before you can walk boy.

using someone elses code as a straight copy'n paste is bad practice.
not only will you not know how its created, you wont know what to change when something goes wrong.
use it as a reference by all means but code it yourself so you UNDERSTAND the process. changing the header image dimensions isnt that complicated, so I'm guessing you've not even dug into the html and css very much. if at all.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Search the CSS file for .brand

Find the width setting within that and change it to what you want. I'm going to warn you, though. Unless you know Rails, and have access to their source, you probably won't be able to just copy the site.

Edge

As I suspected RangeRover does not have permission to copy the site. I checked with owner stefan. So Range Rover is yet another lying ip thief who I assume will now get banned.