Sizing..again.

ryz

Hi All,

If anyone could help with the following problem I would be very, very grateful, Its like a reaccuring nightmare, everytime it happens I want to take my monitor and punt it out of my window. By the way i am a beginner so please go s-l-o-w, thanks.

There is two aspects to the same problem, whether they are linked or not, im dont know :confused: .

1. When importing an image directly from fireworks to a cell in my template, although its the same pixel size as the cell, it will expand the cell for no reason and float in the centre, someone told me it could be a spacer.gif in the code, but i cant seem to find one. Any ideas??

2. Also when typing directly into dreamweaver, although the text will fit into the cell it expands again. Is there any way to fix the template so it wont shift around and expand?

Thanks guys

RAJO

u can put a district size 2 the cell height & width and then every pic bigger 'll shrink
i guess

StephanieCordray

ok, you can't find a spacer.gif anywhere.. there are lots of ways this could happen.
Your cell sizes aren't set to absolute sizes in width and height.

There is an actual space inside the cell. In your code look for  .

Setting absolute sizes don't necessarily mean that's what you get if you add things like spaces between objects or text if you put more in the cell than the cell can handle.

If you use absolute width and height in one cell you must use at least the same width in all cells in the same column of the table and the same height in all the cells within a row of the table.

In your table properties you may have some settings that will also cause a problem. Highlight the table and look at the properties and make sure cell spacing is set to 0. Don't just leave it blank. Likewise with cell borders, set it to 0.

That's all I can think of right now off the top of my head.

SiteExpress

When you insert an image into a cell, it will change the size of the cell. However, you should be able to then move the frame of the cell, back to where you want it. If you cannot do that, Steph might be right about the cell padding and spacing. Make sure it is not blank or anything except 0. Also, you mentioned it would center the image. If you do not want it centered, check the cell properties and set the alignemnts to what you want the image to be.

StephanieCordray

Forgot about the centering issue, thanks, SE. Dreamweaver MX has defaults that leaves spacing around cells, etc... they may be a problem when you are taking slices of a larger image to arrange in a table.. IIRC that's what he's doing.