Site review for a gospel singer client

werm82

Hello!

First off, I'd like to say this is my new favorite site. Everyone is very helpful, especially to a web design rookie such as myself. That being said, on with the posting...
I am designing a site for a client who wants a flash site, almost desperately it seems. More details are here http://www.webdesignforum.com/showthread.php?t=4840.
I am putting together a non-flash site in hopes that my client will like it enough to forget about flash. Right now it is kind of plain, and I'm looking for ideas to jazz it up. I'm open to any suggestions! Here is what I have so far:

http://craigwermert.com/deric.html

kekoadesign

So far looks like you are off to a decent start, I would definitely recommend sticking with html over flash, just cleaner, easier to maintain... etc But looks like the site can use alittle work...

First I would say is your typography, way too big. Try sticking to a 10 to 12 px font size, alot easier on the eyes, and once you get more content it will make it a hell of alot easier to format your text. You dont want the viewers to have scroll 3 pages worth just to read 3 paragraphs. **kinda like what you have going in your bio section.

Second I would say is your top image, the red curtain. Looks allitle to simplified, not realistic enough. Maybe try going to istockphoto.com and finding a simple curtain image. One thing i do like about the top image is the logo, nice clean and simple, not sure if it really needs the outerglow though, just a thought.

And finally the "404 not found page" when you click on contact. Not sure what the target audience is but having the "Oh sh*t not found" probably not the most professional.

Hope this helps, im sure once you get more pages going with content and styling the site will be good.

werm82

Thanks for the feedback. The 404 page is for my own site. I'm just "hosting" his page until he decides on a domain name. So the page isn't too "cheesy" looking?

globalseo

^agree scarlett..oppss the color makes my eyes bleeding..if you're going to use this background im sure the text is not readable..