Site Review: AlexJordanMusic.com

abaz

Hi,
I have just launched my first independent website and I would like to have some feedback about design elements, the layout, user friendliness
all the like. Would not say that the site is finished to the level I am working towards but I would like to catch any issues sooner rather than later.
Any suggestions as to improvements would be stella,
Many Thanks
Alex

Last edited:

ian

Administrator
Staff member
The site header, while looking artistic, is hard to read.
I would change that.
Also on some of the sub pages, that bright green background is too bright.

3dmagicaldesign

This part looks too messy:

I've finally put my site together for you. Thanks for stopping by. On this site you will find content on me, my studio work, teaching and web design. Use the buttons on top to navigate and the Google bar below to search for anything.

Also, the site could be more interactive ( flash, music, fan zone, etc) and it should have more colors.

likethegoddess

abaz,

I agree with ian about the header. You might try increasing the legibility. Also, using the same logotype on the splash page and the main site will help reinforce your brand.

The menu items could also use an extra bit of space in between.

I like the black and white photo as a background on index2. Consider using other b/w image as backgrounds of the other pages to deal with the "too green" of the current design.

Also, I woudn't put ads on a musician's site.

Hope this helps.

Diana

http://www.likethegoddess.com

Last edited by a moderator:

scarlett

i agree with like the goddess and ian about the header and menu items. The header is not that readable. Maybe you can adjust the font size of your menu items so you can put more space in between them.

goodluck on your project

Nadia

OMG... my eyes! The green! I'm blinded! (The green has to change!)

Make the frames around the pics on the bio more interesting.

Do something to the link so I know where in the site I am at each time... I got lost.

-Nadia

abaz

Thanks for all the feedback guys!
I have been working on a new design - the blinding green is going
I agree with you Nadia hehe
But what do you mean by doing something to the link?

zipman

Hi. I like the splash page, but the green everywhere else is overpowering. I think if you toned down the green and introduce at least one more color would help. My eyes are still burning . . . I'm having trouble typing . . . WOW!

Good luck.

Rich, aka Zipman

hawk12online

Cool site, just a few minor things; The white on the grey background image (for links) at the top of the page could do with changing to another colour. Also the main header text (I've finally put a site... ) is slightly off-centre, it looks like. If you look at the bottom line of the text (work, teaching and web... ) the 'work' collides with the end of background - and the 'anything' at the other end of the line of text is further away from the end of the background - this is what leads me to believe it is off-centre.

Finally the
Click to Enter
© Alex Jordan 2008

on the bottom of the splash page could do with been Arial or a similar font, to match the rest of the site.

Other than that, nice site :)

petarpan

OMG... my eyes! The green! I'm blinded! (The green has to change!)

Make the frames around the pics on the bio more interesting.

Do something to the link so I know where in the site I am at each time... I got lost.

-Nadia

YES it is quite a Nuclear Green!
It is quite a relief when picture gets loaded.