Site looks great in IE but horrible in FF?!?

Web1

Sorry Anna, I checked in FF and IE and can't see where the difference is ! What are you seeing in FF that is out of whack ?

anna

Thank you for your response.

The h2 starting with "since the introduction..." splits; one line is above the image, one line is below.

The copyright info at the bottom displays the wrong font and doesn't sit nice above the line.

The whole page sits left when it should be centered with a darker gray background around the main container.

Do you see these things? Thanks again for checking on it!

P.S. I am using FF 3.5

egofirm

Probably the problem's that the site references an external CSS file that is stored on your hard-drive (<link href="file:///C|/Lecowebsite2009/oneColFixCtrHdr2.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />) and whereas FF loads it (or has it already cached), IE flips out. Just my 2 cents...

voodish

As egofrim rightly suggests, it is because you are referencing a file from your hard drive:

Code:
<link href="file:///C|/Lecowebsite2009/oneColFixCtrHdr2.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

You need to create a relative link path to the CSS document, for example if the CSS file is in the same folder as the template_test03.html file, then simply use the following:

Code:
<link href="oneColFixCtrHdr2.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

If it is within a folder then place the folder name before the CSS file name eg:

Code:
<link href="/MY_FOLDER_NAME/oneColFixCtrHdr2.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

Replace MY_FOLDER_NAME with your actual folder name.

You may need to use dot syntax, in which case:

.. = two folders back
. = one folder back

anna

Thank you so much for all the responses! Yes that was the problem, and it is now fixed. Needless to say it was a long week last week; thanks again!

Web1

:) yay, glad you got it fixed. Hate it when there are path problems, can take ages to spot it !