Site Feed Back - Kekoa Design

kekoadesign

Making some progress on my self promotion site (http://www.kekoadesign.com)the site is designed to showcase my web and graphic design skills. I am still working on the flash version but most of the html side is up.
Also wondering if you guys have any suggestions on a simple photo viewer for my photography section. I want to stay away from flash for accessibility reasons, I was thinking light box (similar design from my portfolio section). Let me know what you think, and I am open to all suggestions, comments, and criticisms.

Thanks for your time,

- Brett

Last edited by a moderator:

globalseo

you should work on the banner first, because this is not readable...try to make it simple..heavy colors are for game sites only...choose the right colors too..

kekoadesign

Thanks for the feedback, and always looking for more...

As for the banner....
bannerjn3.jpg

Any other suggestions? I wanted to make the "Kekoa Design" pop so why I made everything else (branding, graphic design, packaging, web design... etc) faded. I will try some variations and work on the readability.

Also I will work on the navigation bar, agree it is the most boring part of my overall design.

PureDezigner

Design I'm not sure about, The header is square where the body content area is very grunge, I'd choose one or the other. Also you have 'few' errors to fix before I'd place the xhtml validation button on your site.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I would have gone for a non flash navigation menu.
Also text is hard to read against some of those backgrounds, eg http://kekoadesign.com/photography.html
Also, on webdesignforum.com links to your website are only allowed within the signature line, which can be added via your control panel, please do not include it at the bottom of every single post.

adamblan

Excellent design! :)

I like it except for the navigation bar. It reminds me of a classified ads' navigation bar.

Not sure about the classifieds, but the navigation definitely doesn't fit... try moving your nav up into the header & making it match more with the site's overall theme ;)