Simple Content Management

Richard

I would like to find a simple content management system to manage an existing website. All I want to do it be able to update several pieces of information, and possibly control an employee login area of the site.

I've looked at CMS like Joombla and stuff, but they are way over the top of what I need. I don't want the CMS to build and produce my pages, but rather just be able to update a few things like "hours of operation", "days", some text, etc.

Do I need to just build my own or is there something simple, that I can add as a page on the site, password protected, where I or one of my users can login and update info from time to time?

Thanks,

Richard

anna

Here is a company I found using Google. I searched using query "Simple Content Management System"...

simplecms.com

I know nothing about this company, and have never used their service, so be wary. If this is not pertinent to your needs, try google searching. Good luck!

Richard

Thanks, I've seen and have tried several of these. However they don't store any info, they just allow you to update, so if I make a change on a page, the info doesn't pull from a database, so I have to go back and enter all the data again, each and every time I make a change to a page and republish it.

Matthew1970

Richard,,,,I was in the same boat,,,,I tried a few programs similar to Joombla and it was so confusing. My employee that did all of my updating on our website hated the programs that I purchased.
I hate promoting companies but you should look into WebHornet.
I have it and couldn't be happier.
They have demo's that you can request to view the product. I've already set up multiple user groups, for my employees and my customers...
Easy to use
Let me know if you have any questions, I would be happy to help you.

I think their web address is webhornet.com

Happy searching

tothepoint

You are right Richard, Joomla, Wordpress and SimpleCMS are not really simple... :).

Anyways, I will try to guess but you simply need a page editor, s simple one that would allow you to change text, attach images, update contact info business hours, have personal lo-gin each assigned to a particular section of your website and off course to not cost you a ton of money.

You should look for a basic solution to suit YOUR particular needs. And off course this is as far as I understand, you should be able to get a really normal and discounted price which should reflect the simplicity of your request. Best bet to get this situation resolved permanently is to get your website converted and transferred over to a Content management system that is simple and easy to use.

Try using google for simple and to the point solution.

Best regards,