SHTML - Multiple Pages

icu222much

I am designing a website that is going to have lots of pages. Each page is going to be very similar. The banner, menu, footer will contain the same information. The only difference in each page would be the content. I am looking for a way to control the information that is similar on each page by using one single page.

I know there is a way to do this through PHP. The problem is that my server does not support PHP. I am wondering if there is a way to do this through SHTML?

horrorshow75

You can use html and css.

Since css controls the layout of your pages it will carry header, nav, and footer info across all pages that link to it. Once you create one html page with all your divs you can just copy and paste that into as many pages as you need to create.

icu222much

Let me use an example of what I'd like to do.

I have a website with lots of pages. The left side of my website will be a menu. The right side of my website will be content describing certain tasks. Every now and then, I may update my menu. To update my menu, I don't want to edit each of my pages because that would be very time consuming. I am wondering if there is some sort of 'master file' that will control my menu bar on my website? This way, I would need to make one quick change in my 'master file' and the changes will be present in all of my pages?

Can this be done in SHTML? I know there is a way to do this in PHP, but the problem is that the server I am using does not support PHP.

Last edited: