Shopping Carts - Computer Store

gschoenhofen

I'm starting a business building computers for people.. They wont be too custom, maybe just adding in an extra stick of memory or changed the processor speed. Or a choice between 2 seperate video cards but my pre-designed builds are going to be pretty basic and not so much customizable unless it's a special request.

I want people to be able to pay with credit card.
My site will use some pretty basic flash if that matters or will affect the implementation of the shopping experience..

I'm thinking something simple similar to this for my webpage - http://www.amadeodecada.com/pages/home.html

I researched many different websites with shopping carts and I really like the design and features of this one. http://www.pugetsystems.com/gaming.php

I like the floating price that automatically adjusts, and the options for customization of your computer, although that even offers more than needed customization but that's okay :)

Anyone able to tell me what free e-commerce solution out there is most similar to this? Or if there is any oscommerce templates or something that include these features?

I'm also trying to figure out a little more about how I'm going to connect my cart with my website..

Is there anything I need to do with my website to get it ready for the installation of the shopping cart?

I've really only worked with html before so I'm probably in for a surprise but I learn things pretty quick and with some good tutorials and lots of trial and error I feel like I can do this.

I just need your help to steer me in the right direction and give me as much detailed information and resources as possible..

Thank you,

Geoff

wetgravy

oh and unless you have intimate knowledge of flash and integrating scripting for things like e-commerce into it ... i would avoid using flash. As for your website, integrating your basket into your site isn't too hard ... just have to find out what you are using and try to match the code. Also, design is the key to the sites you pointed out. The first site is all design work, the second is alot of clean code and art. you need to figure out what scripts you are going to be using, then start designing your site around those scripts since alot of scripts have some funky code requirements.