Shopping Cart help

gschoenhofen

I need help using a shopping cart that allows people to order a computer and change a few options like hard drive size or amount of memory, also adding/subtracting video cards.

I tried using zen cart but can't get any sort of template to match my website and I'm having trouble creating my own styling that will work with zen cart to make my store match my website.

My website can be found here:

http://www.potent-pc.com/

I don't need any of the extra options like catagories and all that.. I just want a very simple cart, you pull the Products drop down menu down, select either Gaming, Student, or Entertainment, and there should be 2 computer models under each of those catagories once you're on that page.

I want them to be able to select one of the models, change one or two things, and then be sent to the payment gateway.

Anyone able to help me at all in getting zen cart to look even remotely close to the rest of my site?

WDigital

Make your own, it not that hard to build your own cart using PHP/AJAX/Java/ASP/.net or anything else you have knowledge of. A cart would only require some simple database queries. Even programming a payment module to convert your websites cart variables into a set useable by a merchant such as SagePay would not be that complex. Google has all your answers if your prepared to read. Or hire outside help.

Daniel Brown

Last edited by a moderator:

wetgravy

Zencart is ment for stand alone use ... let alone any sort of cart won't he able to be templated to be exact unless you do it yourself. (same with forums, php galleries and any other 3rd party script or cms) So really .... i would just put in the time and learn the code and provide the custom tweaks in your css.

And really ... with e-commerce you get what you pay for most of the time ... and trust me ... stuff you pay for really are better if you intend on actually making money and not just playing with it for spare cash. If in the very least in to remove the branding from the scripts to appear a little more professional than other sites.

jsingh

Zencart would not allow you that kind of facility. If you want to do it yourself you can try virtuemart. Simple shopping carts can be created using PHP/MySQL.

Jagjot Singh
Jsingh Technologies

Last edited by a moderator: